Replacing Silver Fillings with a Tooth-Colored Restoration Done in a Laboratory.
You can have your silver fillings replaced with tooth-colored restorations (Onlays). This process requires two appointments.
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed and any additional decay
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth
At The Lab:
- A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look like your natural tooth.
Your Second Appointment
- The temporary Onlay is removed
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new Onlay
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth
- The tooth is then polished
Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel, they are stronger and the tooth is protected!